I’m pretty geeked out that this is my 99th time of doing a roundup post. I’ve been doing these posts once a month since January of 2006 and I had no idea when I started this tradition that it would be the single most important tool in my memory keeping arsenal. I’m pretty proud of myself and I’m excited to get to number 100 next month. I’m the Cal Ripken of roundups! Ok, I’ve actually got a long way to go to catch up to Cal’s amazing statistics, but still…. not bad, right?
Believe me, there have been months when I wanted to skip it. The last 8+ years of my life have been the very busiest and I had every excuse in the book to let a roundup slip. But I’m SO glad I didn’t! Now I have a month by month recap of my life for the last 99 months! You can too if you just answer a few simple prompts. Even if you only do one roundup in your entire life, you will still be glad you took the time to record those memories!
Here is my March Roundup. I’ll be using the information gathered in this roundup to put together my layouts.(You can read more about roundups here).
List of what I’ve watched, read, and/or listened to in the past month
- Once Upon a Time
- Survivor Brains, Brawn, and Beauty
- Muppet Treasure Island
- Sword in the Stone
- Muppets Most Wanted
Our first experience with a wheelchair at the movies. So nice that modern day buildings are accessible. It was therapeutic for my daughter to get out after being at home so much with her injury. The movie was cute, but it wasn’t our favorite Muppet movie. Also, can you find Alex in the picture? Silly guy!
I continued reading The World is Flat and did my best to keep up with the internet each day. lol! I bought several books and magazines, but didn’t read any of them. I was too exhausted each day to sit down and read.
What fun things did you do with friends and/or family?
- Played board games with my kids (Disney Apples to Apples, Forbidden Desert, and Go Fish for Ancient Egypt)
- Went on one dinner date with my husband
- Attended a wedding reception
- Went out to dinner with several of the Scrap Orchard ladies when they were in town for the Scrapbook Expo (which I did not go to).
Here’s who is in the picture by their design name: Cheri (Dream Big Designs), me (Katie the Scrapbook Lady), Kami (Ziggle Designs), Chelle (Chelle’s Creations), Jen Svane (admin help), Jenny (admin help), Merideth Cardall, Angie (Down This Road Designs), Wendy (WendyBird designs), and Kristin (Kristin Aagard Designs). Such nice ladies!
What milestones occurred? Any holidays or celebrations? How about special events?
- I celebrated a birthday
- We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary
- Celebrated St. Patrick’s Day with a green theme dinner
- Ate pizza pie and coconut cream pie on Pi Day (3.14)
- Had some friends and my brother and his wife over for a Sunday afternoon luncheon and special occasion.
The everyday and routine bits of life in the past month
- Went to the grocery store several times a week. Seems like we were always out of something we needed.
- Got a lot more exercise because of hauling a wheelchair back and forth to school each day and being the legs for my daughter at home.
- Cleaned out and reorganized my pantry (that was already pretty clean and organized in the first place – lol)
- Bought some new shelves for our TV & gaming area downstairs and got those all configured and organized.
- Finished up all the paperwork for our taxes.
What good stuff happened? What were the hard things? Anything unusual?
- Alex made a lot of great progress this month with some goals he has been working on.
- Recorded 3 episodes of The Digi Show
- My husband had 2 business trips out of town. My son got sick during one of those trips and my daughter was injured so it was harder than usual to have my husband gone.
- Had to cancel an Arizona vacation we had scheduled because of my daughter’s injury.
Report on the progress you’ve made toward your goals or list any new goals you have set
- Created a vision board for my One Little Word
- I’ve been tracking my steps each day and I set some new personal records in the month of March. I got a lot of steps in!
- I created 12 digital scrapbook layouts and I released 2 template sets; sidesteps and stitched.
My month is all documented now! I will also be creating scrapbook layouts this weekend using the information gathered in my roundup. I’ll be sharing those here on Monday.
Here are some ways to Document Your Month:
If you want to download a free Roundup Prompt card to use in your projects, I have a free gift for you here!You will have to enter your email address to get the download, but it isn’t used for anything, it’s just to make sure your file can be delivered. You can find several other free gifts to download in this post if you like to get free stuff.
Have fun documenting your month!