November was a BUSY month for me so I’ve been dreading doing my roundup because I knew it would take a little extra time. I’ve tot to keep my streak alive though, (haven’t missed a roundup since January of 2006!) and I do enjoy this routine of reflecting back on the past month. Here’s what November of 2013 was like for me:
What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month?
We watched a lot of movies at home (mostly with my family who came to visit).
We also watched Survivor as usual. We are really enjoying this season of Blood vs. Water!
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
- Went to a luncheon with my husband and daughter
- Voted in our local elections
- Attended a Deepavali (Diwali) celebration at the Governor’s mansion
- Hosted an open house party (we had 89 guests!)
- Hosted Thanksgiving weekend for my family
- Saw the candy windows in the downtown Macy’s
- Visited Temple Square to see the lights
- Visited the Grand America to see the holiday decorations
- Went to Gardner Village with my Mom
- Shopped at IKEA (twice)
- Baked pies for Thanksgiving with my Mom
- Went out to dinner with my brothers and their wives + my parents
- Ate out for lunch with hubby, kids, and my entire family
- Took family pictures in our backyard with the camera timer
- Did tons of digi shopping on DSD & Black Friday
Unfortunately, both of my kids got sick in November and it really hit my daughter hard. She missed 5 days of school and was sick over the entire Thanksgiving break. That was no fun!
What were my accomplishments this month?
BIG accomplishments for me in November!
- Finished the majority of unpacking in our home. Still need to work on a small storage room and the garage, but everything else is done!
- Finished off our yard landscaping – that was a big one!
- Hosted a big open house
- Cooked for and hosted my entire family for Thanksgiving. My parents stayed for almost a week, and my brother and his wife were here for almost 4 days. My other brother and his wife live about 45 minutes away and they joined us on several occasions.
- I was a guest designer at Scrap Matters (which ended up closing at the end of the month)
- Designed 2 template sets that contained 8 different individual templates (I’ll be putting the last one up in my shop soon!)
- Wrote 18 posts for this blog
- Blogged 1 post for Toy to the World
- Created 8 posts for The Daily Digi
- Wrote 1 post for Capturing Magic
- Put together 4 posts for our personal family blog
- Recorded 2 Daily Digi Digest podcasts
- Co-hosted 4 episodes of The Digi Show podcast
- Fulfilled my work and team responsibilities for The Daily Digi
- Digi scrapped 5 layouts. Each one pictured below is linked to where it originally appeared online.
Now I’m fully ready for December, which looks to be another incredibly busy month! Have you done your roundup yet? You can start at any time – you’ll be glad you did!