Here is my February Roundup. I’ll be using the information gathered in this roundup to put together my layouts. I also have been keeping these type of records since January of 2006, so this is my 98th consecutive roundup! (You can read more about roundups here).
List of what I’ve watched, read, and/or listened to in the past month
- The Super Bowl
- The LEGO MOVIE with kids & hubby – and yes, I loved it!
- Phineas & Ferb with my kids
- Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show (one show on TV and many clips on YouTube)
- Take Two – a news show that my husband was a guest on
- Princess & the Frog
- The Jungle Book
- Emperor’s New Groove
- Big Bang Theory
- Winter Olympics in Sochi
- Watched my son play The LEGO MOVIE video game
- Continued reading The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman
- Listened to a few Daily Digi Digest Podcasts
- Listened to several NPR Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me podcasts
What fun things did you do with friends and/or family?
- Played board games with my kids (Othello, iPad Battleship, Big Bang Theory CLUE, Game of Things, Munchkin Legends)
- Jeff and Alex played several games of Words with Friends on their phones.
- Played Animal Crossing New Leaf on the DS with my kids
- My brother Zach and his wife came to dinner and we made pizzas and played the Game of Things)
- Took dinner to a friend who had a baby
- Went to a parent night event at Riley’s school
What milestones occurred? Any holidays or celebrations? How about special events?
- We celebrated Valentine’s Day in a very low-key manner. We had a nice dinner at home (complete with chocolate dipped strawberries) and watched the Olympics.
- My daughter Riley got her driver’s license. I got a new car and she is sort of inheriting my old one (she is paying for part of it).
The everyday and routine bits of life in the past month
- Shopped at Target
- Went out to lunch a few times with Alex
- Drank green smoothies several times each week
- Cleaned out our financial and record files and got rid of a lot of paper
- I recorded 3 episodes of The Digi Show podcast
- I posted 7 times on Toy to the World, I wrote 21 posts for this blog, and 8 posts for my private family blog
What good stuff happened? What were the hard things? Anything unusual?
- My husband Jeff had 2 business trips out of town.
- Jeff’s Uncle Dave passed away after getting a bad case of the flu and pneumonia in January. He was 64 years old. We drove to St. George for the weekend to attend the funeral.
- Jeff and Alex both got colds. I felt like I had a mild cold for a few days, but I was able to fight it off.
- I went to the dermatologist for my FitBit reaction and she prescribed an ointment that got rid of the pain and itching. I do still have a red mark on my wrist though.
- Riley dislocated her kneecap and ended up with some pretty major recovery time and rehab ahead of her.
Report on the progress you’ve made toward your goals or list any new goals you have set
- I started using the treadmill (end-of-world-alert!)
- I’ve been tracking my steps each day and I set some new personal records in the month of February
- I created 8 digital scrapbook layouts and I re-released 1 template set.
My month is all documented now! Here are some ways to Document Your Month:
If you want to download a free Roundup Prompt card to use in your projects, I have a free gift for you here!You will have to enter your email address to get the download, but it isn’t used for anything, it’s just to make sure your file can be delivered. You can find several other free gifts to download in this post if you like to get free stuff.
Have fun documenting your month!