On the last day of every month, I post a little reminder to "roundup" your memories for the month. This simple little exercise will prompt you to take a few minutes and jot down the details of the ending month before the new one takes over. Look over your calendar, your blog posts, your photos, or whatever types of records you have kept throughout the month. I find that even reviewing my bank statement jogs my memory about what has happened in the month.
I’ve been doing monthly roundups since January of 2006 and I can't even begin to tell you how much easier it has made memory keeping for me! I am constantly referencing my past roundups for ideas for scrapbook pages, and I always have material for journaling now. After I answer the questions I just post them to my blog and my roundup is done.
Here’s a written list of the Roundup Prompts:
- List what you watched, read, and/or listened to in the past month
- What fun things did you do with friends and/or family?
- What milestones occurred? Any holidays or celebrations? How about special events?
- Talk about the everyday and routine bits of life in the past month
- What good stuff happened? What were the hard things? Anything unusual?
- Report on the progress you’ve made toward your goals or list any new goals you have set
Feel free to copy and paste the above list to use for your own notes. Use these prompts as reminders as you go through your calendar and memories from the past few weeks. This is also a great time to get your photos off of SD cards or from your phone. Remember, this is just the gathering phase!
Once you are done with your roundup, then it’s time to save your memories and share them if you want to.
Here are links to my 4 different ways to Document Your Month:
If you want to download a free Roundup Prompt card to use in your projects, I have a free gift for you here!You will have to enter your email address to get the download, but it isn’t used for anything, it’s just to make sure your file can be delivered. You can find several other free gifts to download in this post if you like to get free stuff.
Here are all of my past roundups: