I have to say that doing the final roundup of a calendar year is a thing that makes me super happy! It’s a great big finished check mark in the list of completed projects that resides in my head. lol! Seriously though, now I’ve been doing roundups for six full years. That’s 72 months in a row! If that doesn’t prove that this is a doable and sustainable approach to memory keeping, well… I don’t know what does. The proof is in the pudding and I’m the pudding in this case.
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
My stack of books on my nightstand sat unopened all month long. I had good intentions but too much else to do. Sigh. I’m setting a goal to do better in this category. I read a ton of online blogs and articles, but it doesn’t have the same satisfaction as finishing a book.
What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?
We saw The Muppets as a family and really enjoyed this sweet & silly movie.
We went to Sherlock Holmes – A Game of Shadows with my Dad & brothers. It was sort of a dark and complicated movie, but I enjoyed it and so did my hubby & teenage kids. It was a little on the violent side, but we liked the story and characters.
We watched the Survivor finale with a group of friends. I’m disappointed with who won, my vote was with the fan favorite.
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
Wow! December was a fun and busy month! I’ve shared a lot of our fun activities in some of my December Daily posts already, but I want to mention them here as well.
- Went to the Festival of Trees with my kids
- Hubby went to Washington D.C. for the National Christmas Tree Lighting
- Attended our neighbor’s holiday open house party
- Visited The Leonardo in downtown SLC
- Stayed at The Grand America
- Attended Hubby’s work party
- Went caroling at a nursing home
- Hosted a breakfast study group
- Went to a charity craft sale (my daughter sold some pens she made to help raise funds for the charity)
- Attended the Christmas Concert at Temple Square
- Took my daughter clothes shopping
- Visited my family in New Mexico
- Went to the zoo in Albuquerque
me & hubby at the zoo - hubby bowing down to my awesomeness. lol!
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
December is a fun month for this question because there’s a lot of gift giving!
We gave gift certificates, sushi making supplies, Shakespeare books, play tickets, art supplies, and Lego books to our family members. Friends received our holiday cards with reindeer bark or mulling spices. I gave my hubby 12 coupons for 12 different dates throughout the year.
We received money, quilts, treats, books, t-shirts, games, and fun things from our family members. Our counters were overflowing with holiday goodies from friends. My daughter gave me a Lego calendar. My son gave me some novels. Santa & my hubby gave me some Lego mini-figures and the Black Pearl. Awesome gifts!
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I spent a lot of time at the grocery store for some reason, even though I didn’t do a lot of holiday baking or entertaining. I also bought a lot of gifts. I did most of my shopping online through amazon which made it so much easier!
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I didn’t get sick! After last year’s fiasco of being sick from Thanksgiving to New Year, it was a total joy to be healthy this year! None of us got sick in December. Yay!
What were my accomplishments this month?
- Took a photo every day in December using my iPhone
- I did really good with walking on the treadmill most days until the week of Christmas. Haven’t been on since then.
- Finished half of my December Daily/Project Life album. Yes, I still need to finish putting together the last half. I promise I won’t let it slide.
- Digi Scrapped or posted 7 pages (4 not included here) – images are linked to where the layout was originally posted.
So happy to have my roundup done! I’m excited to move into year #7 of documenting the memories of each month in roundup format. I hope you will join me in this simple, but meaningful exercise. I always post the prompts at the end of the month. I’m also teaching a 2 week workshop at Big Picture Classes (starts today but you can register up until January 11th) if you want to learn about more ways to do roundups and use them in your life and creative projects.
P.S. the font I used for the roundup titles is shadowed serif available for free on dafont.com.