A few items to share before I go on to my roundup:
- Steph and I finally finished a big project we’ve been working on - The Digital Scrapbooking Manual. It’s FREE so I hope you will go and download it ASAP!
- I wanted to be sure to let my readers know that I had a guest post about my roundups on Ali Edwards’ blog last weekend.
- I’m really excited about a guest post I did for the Digi Shop Talk Insider this month about keeping a family blog.
- Don’t forget about my upcoming roundup workshop at Big Picture Classes – it starts in about 1 month!
- I also wanted to share an awesome roundup idea from Sharon Grey who is one of my blog readers.
I am posting my answers to round up questions on my Facebook wall. Facebook really helps me capture memories in quick bursts throughout my busy day, then I go back later (sometimes months later) and work most of them up into scrapbook pages. Thanks for your inspiration and reminders, Katie!
Isn’t that the best idea? Thanks Sharon!
I love being able to close out the previous month with a roundup! Here’s a snapshot of my life for November of 2011:
- Survivor. We are a week behind on shows so don’t tell me anything.
- Mythbusters – current season shows.
- Had a Muppet marathon with my kids and watched The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan.
- Elf – made it all the way to November 30th before we cracked and put it in. Such a great movie!
CELEBRATIONS, HOLIDAYS, & GIFTS:
We celebrated Thanksgiving at my in-laws home. They always put out a great spread and go all out with fine china and fancy place settings.
- Went to a recipe exchange with my daughter and had a lot of fun.
- Hosted a family dipping party where we ate dips and things to dip in them. lol!
- Attended a semi-formal business dinner with my hubby. I was so tired and fried after a long week of homeschool, that I wasn’t a very good date that night.
- Went on a nice date with my hubby, just the two of us. Had dinner at Brio and hot chocolate at a little gelato shop that had live music playing. I’m impressed he asked me out after the previous date we went on. He’s a keeper!
- Attended a wedding reception for a young man who used to live in our neighborhood.
- I shopped like crazy on Digital Scrapbooking Day! I even shopped with Steph via Skype. We had a great time going on a virtual girl’s day out!
- I bought a new point-and-shoot camera. After considering a Nikon CoolPix, I changed to a Canon S95. I’ll be blogging about that very soon.
- We got really silly over 11-11-11 and had a fabulous day playing with the number eleven!
Eleven gallons of gas – very expensive!
- Created 2 slideshows with Windows Live Movie Maker. Both of these slideshows were church related for an event my daughter and I were involved in. I’m getting pretty good at slideshows now.
- Taught a church group of 25 friends about organizing their photos and digital files.
- Co-hosted 4 episodes of The Digi Show (Episode 16 Put a K in front of it, Episode 17 Digital Scrapbooking with Steve Jobs, Episode 18 The Super Listener, Episode 19 Clicking All Over the Place)
- Wrote and created for The Daily Digi
- Finally got my porch fixed.
- Put up our Christmas decorations and did about 75% of our Christmas shopping. Yay me!
- Scrapped 2 digi layouts. Each one is linked to where it appeared online.
So long November – you kept me very busy!
Feels good to get my roundup done. Have you done yours?
P.S. the font I used for the roundup titles is shadowed serif available for free on dafont.com.