Now it’s time for my monthly roundup and we had a very busy month! Here’s a snapshot of my life for October of 2011:
- Halloween magazines (old Martha Stewart issues, iPad app, and Family Fun)
- Around the World in 80 Days (on audiobook). We listened to this on the way to Yellowstone and back and loved it. Jim Dale was the narrator and it was funny to hear him do something other than Harry Potter. We recognized Hagrid’s voice a few times. lol! Just a side note – it bugs me that they always put a hot air balloon on the cover of this book, because there are NO hot air balloons in the story!
- Survivor. I think this has been a great season so far! We have been totally into it around here.
CELEBRATIONS, HOLIDAYS, & GIFTS:
October was a big month in our lives. My son turned 18 and we hosted a murder-mystery dinner for my hubby’s family while on vacation. My son also received his Eagle Scout award and we held a very nice Court of Honor to celebrate. I have many details and pictures to share about this event, so I need to get caught up on that. For now, you can check out these awesome cupcakes that our friend baked for the occasion!
- Went to Bear World in Idaho and West Yellowstone in Montana
- Enjoyed a visit from my parents who came for my son’s Eagle Court of Honor.
- Went on a drive up Millcreek Canyon, smelled the witches at the tika, shopped at IKEA, and ate WAY too much!
- Took my kids to the pumpkin patch
- Volunteered at the Utah Food Bank for 2 hours with Hubby + Kids
- Dressed up as Ghostbusters for Halloween
- Went to a Halloween party at Hubby’s work
Me & Hubby in Yellowstone
- My Dad had a heart attack (His second one, he had the first one on Christmas Eve 2009). He’s ok, but has had to make some pretty dramatic changes.
- Our dog suddenly got very sick and died
- Our dishwasher broke just a few months after the 1 year warranty expired. Not buying Samsung again.
- Most of our home phones quit working and we had to buy new ones.
- Two buttons quit working on our microwave just a few months after the 1 year warranty expired. We have gotten creative about figuring out cooking times without using the number 1 or 8 – good math practice! Not buying Samsung again.
- I hired someone to wash my windows right before my parents came to visit and they accidentally dropped a ladder down one of our window wells and broke a window.
- We changed my son’s medication. This was stressful to decide, but has ended up being a really good thing.
- Created 2 slideshows with Windows Live Movie Maker. Made a birthday slideshow for my son to share with family. Made a scout slideshow of my son’s scouting years and shared it at the Court of Honor.
- Co-hosted 4 episodes of The Digi Show (#12 It Hurts the Industry, #13 Totally Geeking Out, #14 Wordy McGee, #15 Sketches on Steroids)
- Wrote for The Daily Digi
- Scrapped 10 digi layouts. Each one is linked to where it appeared online.
So long October!
Feels good to get my roundup done. Have you done yours? It’s not too late!
P.S. the font I used for the roundup titles is shadowed serif available for free on dafont.com.