It’s a bit crazy to think about December in the month of February, but my hope is that if I spend just a little bit of time prepping for the holidays each month during the year, that December will go a lot smoother! That is the motivation behind my new project this year of using the 25th day of each month as a time to do just a few holiday prep tasks. I started last month with a few easy ideas about holiday cards.
This month I’m going to spend a few minutes putting together a few gathering places for my holiday recipes.
Physical location of holiday recipes:
- I used to store my holiday cookbooks and magazines with the boxes of decorations or in my basement storage room. I’ve decided to keep them out all year now where they are easy to access. We have several bookshelves in our home office where we keep the majority of the books in our house. Now there is a small section of holiday books on those shelves. I’m excited about this because I won’t wait until December to actually start planning our special treats and meals.
- Big Binder – I’m going to set aside a binder today to keep on that same bookshelf. This is where I will file actual clippings and ideas that I want to save related to celebrating Christmas (and maybe even some for Thanksgiving).
Virtual location of holiday recipes:
- I have used delicious bookmarking for several years and I love it! Whenever I want to bookmark something, I use that tool and add a tag. Then all of my bookmarks are kept online and are easy to sort through. I have several Christmas recipes stored there so I’m going to spend a little bit of time sorting through them.
- My computer documents. I do have a few holiday recipes floating around on my hard drives. Now is a good time to gather those into one place and file them in a logical place.
Mark my calendar:
- I’m going to mark my calendar for late October to remember to start browsing through these recipes and planning what I want to make. My mouth is already watering just thinking about it!
Martha Stewart cookies – yum!
A little planning goes a long way though so I’m excited about this new approach!
If you want to join me on this quest, feel free to snag this word art to use on your own blog posts. I’d love it if you could link back to my blog so others know where to come each month on the 25th for each new list.