Easter is on Saturday, April 4th this year, but I thought it would be good to get a head start on planning for some sweet fun!
Scrapbook Lady says..
- Take pictures of Easter candy and treats – they are great at posing! lol! You can even have some silly fun with pictures of half-eaten candy!
- Dress up your chocolate bunnies with your scrapbook supplies - these are so precious!
- Find out how the date of Easter is decided
- Write about how you celebrate Easter. Is it a religious holiday for you? Do you get together with friends and family? Does the Easter Bunny visit your house? What are you Easter traditions?
- Take pictures of your friends and family dressed up in the Easter finest. Who can resist a photo of an Easter bonnet?
- Photograph the egg dyeing process and the finished results.
- Be sure your camera is ready for the holiday weekend. Do you have an empty memory card? Extra batteries on hand? Take a moment and think about the memories you want to capture. Make a list of shots you hope to capture. I wish I could add pictures of spring flowers to my list but we still don't have any. Spring has been slow to arrive this year!
- Make treat bags from digital scrapbooking printables. I love these from Shabby Princess and all the work is already done for you. Just print them out! *She just added a brand new set to the store today so here's the link - so cute!
- Share some Easter treats with others who might not get a visit from the Easter Bunny.
Martha, Martha, Martha!
It is no secret that I'm inspired by Martha Stewart and her team of creative geniuses. So many ideas and so little time!
- Kids Easter crafts and activites
- Printable Easter templates
- Easter desserts
- Easter dinner menus and recipes
- Creative Easter eggs – marbelized, lace, wax-resist, masked-design, leaf and flower.
More great links for Easter fun:
- Bakerella’s Bunny cupcakes
- Bakerella’s Easter basket cupcakes
- Pioneer Woman Sigrid’s Carrot Cake
- Mental Floss 6 ways to decorate eggs
- Washington Post Peep Show
- Color an Easter Bunny online
- Draw on some marshmallows with edible ink
Here are some of my past layouts and projects to inspire a bit of Easter scrapping and celebrating:
(All images are linked for full credits and details)
Happy Easter on April 4th!