February 14th is Valentine's Day so I thought I would share some scrapbooky (not a word, I know!) ideas with you to help you celebrate the holiday.
Scrapbook Lady says...
- Love is in the air and it is begging to be scrapbooked! Fill your albums with loving words, hearts, x’s &o’s and Valentine’s colors. Think pink, red, white and even lavender to give your pages a festive Valentine feeling.
- Valentine’s Day is the second most popular card giving time of the year (behind Christmas) so use your scrapbook supplies (paper or digital) to create your own special Valentines.
- If you need some "enabling" to help you find great digital and hybrid ideas for Valentine's Day, be sure to check out this post on The Daily Digi
- Use some free valentine fonts and dingbats on a card or layout.
- Photograph candy hearts that spell out messages or candy heart stickers to add some fun to your pages. Use other Valentine candies as embellishments as well.
- Decorate heart shaped cookies, make pancakes shaped like hearts, or have a red and white meal to celebrate this fun day. Take photos and use them on your pages.
- Write a love letter to someone special. You can keep it personal between the two of you, or share it with everyone on a scrapbook layout.
- Capture the process of putting together valentines for a page. Take pictures and make a copy of the list of valentine recipients.
- Make some pretty pink s'mores (and take pictures of them!)
Take festive photographs of candy, cookies, or anything that's red and white. I love to create photo collages using flickr and big huge labs. Here are a few of my favorites- (all images are linked to original mosaics for credits). For more ideas on how to create and use these fun mosaics, see my self-paced project at Big Picture Classes.
Make some scrapbook pages with your valentine photos.Here are some of my past Valentine's layouts and projects. (Each image is linked to credits)
Shabby Princess Valentine's Fun!
I always love working with Shabby Princess digital goodies and no one in digi-land does party packs like she does. Her confection collections are some of my very favorite products.
Martha, Martha, Martha!
It is no secret that I'm inspired by Martha Stewart and her team of creative geniuses. So many ideas and so little time! It seems like this year I have seen even more Martha-related Valentine ideas than usual and I've been bookmarking them like crazy. Here are some great projects that I have tried and many that I still want to do (even if I have to wait until next year).
- Heart shaped photo montage - could also be done digitally.
- Valentine sign pictures - fun for a card idea or a scrapbook page!
- Embellished candy box - a great way to use up extra scrapbooking and craft supplies!
- Vintage label boxes - with free downloadable labels
- Filled paper hearts - another great project for some beautiful scrapbook papers
- Wrapped chocolates - embellish with your scrapbooking supplies to make them extra special!
- Candy dot hearts - using sheets of candy dots.
- Heart and lollipop flowers - simple but very cute.
- Handmade heart doilies - a fun and inexpensive way to dress up your table
- Button covers - dress up a plain shirt with heart button covers and be sure to take a photograph!
A few more fun links:
- Valentine's Day crafty fun - undigi post at The Daily Digi
- Free color your own valentines - the elephant is soooo cute!
- ACME candy heart generator
- Valentine's Day desktop icons
- Heart book wreath - very cool project!
Hope your day is filled with lots of love!