Before you panic and think I'm going to tell you to make a list of 1000 awesome things, let me explain. Today's Memory Monday post is inspired by a blog I have been enjoying called 1000 Awesome Things. Soon there will even be a book published based on this same idea.
Basically, the site (and I imagine the book also) is based on remembering that the smallest things can bring us moments of joy. Some of my favorites from the blog are:
- #582 When the guy at the deli counter gives you a free taste (Even better in my book is when the bakery lady gives me a free taste!)
- #594 When your windshield wipers match the beat of the song you’re listening to silly, but it is awesome.
- #597 When a cop finally passes you after driving behind you for a while - so true!
- #602 Setting the new high score on a video game - I wouldn't know about this one, but I can tell by my son's reactions that it is truly awesome!
- #633 Finding something you lost a long time ago after you already gave up looking for it - like when my Mom found my college graduation day photos about 9 years after I graduated.
- #670 When a stranger walks by and offers to take a picture of you and the person you’re with - very awesome in this Scrapbook Lady's book!
- #680 Falling asleep when the plane takes off and waking up when it lands - this only happened to me once in my lifetime after about 20 hours of flight delays and plane changes on the way home from Europe with my Dad. We both slept through the entire flight of our last leg from Arizona to Utah. Best flight ever! I would pay good money to get through a flight like that now.
- #704 Taking the price tag off in one clean peel - This one is a big deal for me. I really can't stand price tags that are hard to remove!
- #712 Emptying the recycling bin on your computer - I really love this. Each and every time. I feel especially awesome when I see that I'm clearing up a lot of space.
- #724 Placing the last piece of the puzzle - love this!
Wouldn't it be fun to use some of these on a scrapbook page? I would love to do a page of awesome things and include personal pictures to go with each of them.