I totally stole borrowed this idea from another great blog. I love the idea of documenting these types of things and I love to share fun technology with my readers.Most of these apps (short for applications) are free or less than $2.99. A couple of them are 4.99. Apps work on either the iphone or the itouch. You may be wondering why I have so many apps? I share them with my kids and I love to have stuff to do on my iphone when I'm waiting for an appointment or something like that. Plus, I'm a techno junkie!
The best move that Apple has made in a long time is allowing you to share apps and downloads/purchases with people in your family. It takes a bit of effort to figure out how to do it, but it is so nice to finally have that option.
- Hoot Suite- I love this twitter app
- Facebook- so easy to use
- PhoneFlicks- a Netflix manager for your phone
- Shazam - Identifies music that you hear playing, but don't know what it is. My kids love this one!
- Pandora - like having free radio that plays stuff you like. This is awesome!
- Grocery Gadget - the paid version - might be my very favorite app ever! My hubby also has it on his iphone and he regularly adds to the list. He is also willing to stop at the store for me more often now and loves using this app.
- Red Laser - scan any barcode to see what the product is and where you can buy it at the lowest price
- Flashlight - this one has come in handy on several occasions
- Flip counter - we use this to keep track of points earned for my kids
- Tally counter - another counter for points and other things to keep track of
- Coin toss - for life's difficult decisions
- iFiles - a new app for me but it looks like it will be useful
- USA Today - an easy way to keep up on the news
- all recipes - a recipe spinner. Believe it or not, my kids love to play with this one.
- Best Camera- I blogged about this one last year
- ShakeItPhoto- turns photos into poloroid pictures
- Photoshop - edits iphone images
- Nikon Learn and Explore - cool app with a ton of photography information
I really never thought I would be into the games but there are a few that are really fun. Most of the games on my iphone though are for my 2 kids. What I would have given to have this technology available when they were young!
- Boggle - Love this game on the iphone. It's my favorite one to play
- Solataire - what I play when I can't sleep, it always makes me tired. lol
- Dice - another one I wish we would have had a long time ago. Great if you like to make up games (we do)
- Reversi - like Othello
- Hangman - just a basic free app
- Fish Tycoon - my daughter likes this, it's like having a virtual aquarium
- Labyrinth - a maze type of game
- Peggle - not sure what this is but my son loves it!
- Chess - a free app
- deBlob - for my kids
- scrabble - the paid version
- sing along guitar - for my daughter
- waterslide - no idea what this one is either, my daughter plays with it
- color tilt - simple little time waster
- Where's Waldo- fun to search for Waldo
- Sherlock - my kids love this one
- catcha mouse - very addicting and frustrating!
- Cooking Mama - silly and fun
- Bejelwed 2 - like the original game
- Clue - fun to play on the iphone
- Life - a fun iphone version
- Voices - a voice changer (this only works on the iphone since the itouch doesn't have a microphone) this is good for some serious giggles!
It's funny that 2 years ago I had no idea what an "app" even meant. Now look at me!