I took my standard Christmas Tree photo so I could do a scrapbook page for my December Daily album. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with it until I saw the word art that said "Christmas isn't a season...it's a feeling" I've certainly heard this one before, but for some reason it stuck with me this time. I tried to think about what it was that made me "feel" Christmas. That's what inspired the journaling on this page.
template by Ali Edwards. Jolly Holly by Weeds and Wildflowers
Christmas can be too busy, overwhelming, and a bit crazy. It can also be wonderful. There are so many little things that add up to create the feeling of the season. Even though they take some effort, I wouldn't want to miss these things:
- Christmas tree lights. I leave mine on all day. I love the way a lit Christmas tree looks.
- Wrapped presents under the tree. I don't wait until Christmas to put them out. I love the way they look and it is fun to see the kids try to guess what is in them.
- Seasonal sweets. I love cookies anyway, but it is fun to have some special ones at Christmas. Meltaways, Holly Cookies, and frosted Sugar Cookies all make me think of the holidays.
- Receiving cards from friends. It is so much more fun to get the mail in December. I especially love it when people include photos with their cards.
- Holiday music. It can be overdone for sure, but it is hard to beat listening to classic Christmas songs. I really love it when they are performed by some of my favorite artists. One of my very favorite things is singing Christmas hymns at church.
- Outdoor lights. I adore simple white lights on trees and houses. Colored lights are also pretty, but white are my very favorite.
- Planning and wrapping gifts. This takes a lot of effort (and sometimes a lot of money as well) but I really enjoy coming up with the "perfect" gift for people I love.
- Drinking hot cocoa. I'm really not into cocoa at any other time of year, but at Christmas it just feels so comfy and warm.
- The kids in on Christmas Eve. Even though they are older now, they still get excited on Christmas Eve.
- Feeling a sense of accomplishment when all the presents are unwrapped. It feels good to know that I pulled off a special holiday for my family.